So.... this blog isn't really about bacon or bird eggs. But I do LOVE bacon (who doesn't?) and I do love bird eggs, mostly because they hatch the cutest creatures on earth -not for eating!

I'm starting this blog so that I can keep a journal of my island adventures. Last year I spent 5 months on Southeast Farallon Island working with seabirds and neglected to keep any sort of blog or journal... and I have suffered from internal guilt ever since. Maybe I'll do a Farallon Special Feature sometime between islands? Until then you will be hearing of my Tern Island tales. Tern is a tiny 30-something acre island in the middle of the Pacific in the French Frigate Shoals, which is part of the Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument about 500ish miles northwest of O'ahu. Here's a link to a picture I didn't take (Tern is the rectangle):
http://www.sflorg.com/earthnews/images/imen092206_01_02.jpg



07 April 2010

Slow Internet and Expired Canned Food

Those are two things I dont love.

I've been trying to update the blog, but my latest post requires pictures and I can't get them to upload... hopefully it will happen soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment